Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Blog!

     This is officially my last blog post for the school year in Etymology. I have read many books and when tallied up I have a total of about 1093!
    This Semester has definitely changed my attitude for reading for better and for worse. I started out this semester not having read a book out of a classroom since probably middle school. However, at the once this class started I definitely knew that I had to blow the dust off of some of the books at home and actually begin reading them. My favorite book I read this semester was my first book read which was "The Road." I enjoyed it because of the futuristic plot combined with a twisted sense of humanity. I usually saved my reading until the end of my day when I was laying in bed because I found it to be the most relaxing environment. I enjoyed this a lot at first, but as the semester went on it seemed more to be a burden for me than an enjoyment. It wasn't the books that got worse, but the blogging about them seemed to overpower my reading, for instead of enjoying the books, I began reading them knowing I would have to summarize them later in a blog post. Sure blogging is a simple task,  but its the repetitive weekdays of blogging that caused the annoyance. Although the blogging did not destroy my like for reading as a whole because I did open up my reading genres much larger and definitely began enjoying non fiction literature because I felt that I was actually learning something. Overall, the semester did greatly help me though, and I enjoyed this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment